Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Day in History

Wow! I honestly never thought I would see this day come. Our country has elected a black president! I know some people are going to be racist and not even see the things he can and will do to help our country. He could be purple for all I care, as long as he does some good. He's made countless promises to this country and lets hope he just comes through with them. The one I was most excited to hear about is he wants to bring all troops home in the next 16 months! Can you believe that? I was in 7th grade when our men and women were first sent overseas, that's 7 years that they have been over there. Ya they might be doing some good helping other countries get back on their feet and creating a democracy, but seriously 7 years? Come on they need to come home already. I honestly think that they only reason that Bush sent troops to Iraq was to finish what his daddy started (Desert Storm). But that's just my opinion.

No comments: